Intellectual Property News
- New Regulations on the Sanctioning against Administrative Violations in the field of IP
- Reform of the accreditation examination for industrial property agents
- Support applicants suffered from the flood in Thailand
- Viet Nam hosted the 6th ASEAN – EPO Heads of Intellectual Property Offices Conference
- Geographical indication protection of “Son La” for Coffee
On 28 September 2017, The National Office of Intellectual Property has issued Decision No. 3262/QĐ-SHTT on granting Geographical indication registration certificate No. 00058 for the famous “Sơn La” coffee. Sơn La Department of Science and Technology is the organization in charge of managing this GI.
- Buon Ma Thuot Coffee Seeks Recognition
In 2005, Buon Ma Thuot coffee – a product of Dak Lak province, was registered for 'geographical indication' protection under the Intellectual Property Law. The Ministry of Science and Technology recognized this via Decision 806/QD-SHTT dated October 14, 2005. Unfortunately now, three years later, Buon Ma Thuot coffee is not widely sought and has not been made popular through successful advertising
- Enforcing the Intellectual Property Act
Nearly VND3 billion worth of pirated software was found at MUTO Vietnam Ltd. during the Government’s nationwide software copyright audit.
- Deputy PM discusses space technology with Japanese senator
Deputy Prime Minister Hoang Trung Hai received senator Iwao Matsuda, vice chairman of the Japan-Vietnam Parliamentary Friendship Association and former Japanese Minister of State for Science and Technology Policy, in Hanoi on Dec. 9.
- Vietnam joins open source
- Many stores sell counterfeit mills under the “Magic Bullet” name
- Vietnam to clamp down on copyright infringement
- Minutes of Meetings on Cooperation for Project on Strengthening the Enforcement of IPRs in Vietnam
- High level delegation of the State Intellectual Property Office of China visits Viet Nam
From 23 to 25 November 2008, a high level delegation of the State Intellectual Property Office of China (SIPO) headed by Mr. Li Yuguang, Deputy Commissioner and Chinese Trademark Office (CTMO) under the management of the State Administration of Industry and Commerce of China headed by Ms. Guo Lianlian, Deputy Director General, paid an official visit to Ho Chi Minh City and Ha Noi within the framework of the bilateral cooperation between the two countries in the field of intellectual property. The delegation also consisted of high level officials and experienced experts of SIPO and CTMO.
- VN fights against software copyright violations
An agreement on software copyright protection was reached in Hanoi on August 26, marking a step-forward in cooperation between government agencies and local and foreign professional associations in the fight against copyright infringement.
- Kim Cuong to sue US studio over copyright
Celebrated actress Kim Cuong plans to launch an artistic copyright violation suit against US-based Thuy Nga Music Production Centre for the alleged unauthorised use of her drama La Sau Rieng (Durian Leaves) in its recent DVD.