Intellectual Property News
- WINCOLAW sues local company for infringing its trademark, seeks compensation of US$1.5 million
Trade deals, and most recently the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP), offer significant opportunities for Việt Nam, but more disadvantages, disputes and violations will also emerge, especially those relating to trademark infringement. Vietnamese companies have been warned to be more […]
- WINCO IP Law Firm had its IP rights infringed upon?
The Inspectorate of the Ho Chi Minh City Justice Department and Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association have recently accepted petitions of WINCO Intellectual Property Co., Ltd. (WINCO Law Firm) for handling infringements of INCOLAW International Consulting Co., Ltd. and […]
- Hanoi a bright spot in FDI attraction
Hanoi has attracted around USD 25 billion in foreign direct investment (FDI) over the last five years, with priority given to quality and sustainable development, figures show. The capital city took the lead nationwide in FDI attraction during the 2018 […]
- Vietnam joins the Hague System to facilitate registration of industrial designs
Vietnam has joined the Geneva Act of the Hague Agreement concerning the international registration of industrial designs. On behalf of the Government of Viet Nam, Minister of Science and Technology Chu Ngoc Anh on Monday deposited the instrument of accession […]
- World Intellectual Property Day – April 26, 2020 Innovate for a Green Future
Every April 26, we celebrate World Intellectual Property Day to learn about the role that intellectual property (IP) rights play in encouraging innovation and creativity. World IP Day 2020 puts innovation – and the IP rights that support it – […]
- Project on Supporting Registration for Protection of Viet Nam’s Geographical Indications in Japan – Promoting the Potential Cooperation between Viet Nam and Japan through Special Cultural Ambassadors
Within the Project, Binh Thuan Dragon Fruit, Buon Ma Thuot Coffee and Luc Ngan Lychee are selected to be “special cultural ambassadors” for advertisement of Viet Nam’s geographical indications to consumers of Japan. Following certain successful cooperation activities between Viet […]
- Promoting cooperation on geographical indications with Department of Intellectual Property of Laos
On 04 February 2018, within the framework of Minister Chu Ngoc Anh’s visit to Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR), Mr. Dinh Huu Phi, Director General of the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam (NOIP) and Ms. Khanlasy Keobounphanh, Director General of the Department of Intellectual Property (DIP), Laos Ministry of Science and Technology signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Geographical Indications (GIs) between NOIP and DIP. The Signing Ceremony was attended by Mr. Chu Ngoc Anh, Vietnamese Minister of Science and Technology and Boviengkham Vongdala, Laos Minister of Science and Technology, along with several leaders and representatives of subordinate agencies.
- Universities urged to seek IP protection for research products
Enterprises have been reluctant to cooperate with universities on commercialisation of their inventions and products because of the lack of intellectual property (IP) protection, according to the Vietnam Invention Association.
- Vietnam elected WIPO General Assembly Chairman
Ambassador Duong Chi Dung, head of Vietnam’s Permanent Mission to the UN, the WTO and other international organisations in Geneva, has been elected Chairman of the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) General Assembly for 2018-2019.
- Vietnam makes Intellectual Property headway
Vietnam is ranked 37th among 45 countries in the latest Intellectual Property (IP) Index report compiled by the US Chamber of Commerce’s Global Intellectual Property Centre.
The report, released for the fifth consecutive year, ranks the United States first and Venezuela last.
- Joint Committee Meeting between NOIP and INPI
- The Danish Patent and Trademark Office delegation visits Vietnam
- Memorandum of Cooperation between the NOIP and the JPO signed
- New Regulations on the Sanctioning against Administrative Violations in the field of IP
- Reform of the accreditation examination for industrial property agents