FILING GUIDANCE TO OBTAIN PATENT FOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGN IN LAOS
- Name, address and nationality of the applicant;
- Name, address and nationality of the designer;
- Title of the design stating the article for which registration is sought;
- Country, application number and filing date of the original foreign application from which priority is claimed (if priority is claimed).
- Notarized Power of Attorney; (pdf file ; word file )
- Notarized Deed of Assignment (pdf file ; word file ) if the applicant and the designer are not the same;
- 11 sets of pictures/drawings illustrating the design. The pictures/drawings must be represented in the international size A4 (210mm x 297mm) and made in the same scale. There must be as many pictures/drawings of the design as they are taken to show all the different sides of the design (comprising front, back, top, bottom, left, right and perspective views);
- Detailed description of the design;
- Certified copy of the priority application/document (if any).
- All the filing documents should be in English or French and the Laotian version should be submitted within 03 months from the filing date;
- Time for claiming priority under Paris Convention is 06 months from the first filing date;
- Time from the filing to granting date is 06 months;
- The validity term of a Design Patent is 05 years and renewable for two consecutive periods.
Vietnam – International Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Firm
Hanoi-Head Office: 54 Tran Quoc Vuong Street,
Cau Giay District, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Tel : (84-24) 3 7628119 * (84-24) 3 7628185
Fax : (84-24) 3 7628120 * (84-24) 3 7628526
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com