Trademark Registration in Laos
- Full name, address and nationality of the applicant;
- Description of the trademark: meaning, colors claimed, translation or transliteration of characters into English if the mark contains foreign characters;
- List of goods/services to be covered by the trademark and if possible, the class(es) of the respective goods/services according to the International Classification;
- Country, application number and filing date of the original foreign application from which priority is claimed (if priority is claimed).
- A notarized Power of Attorney from the applicant (as the attached form); (A copy of notarized Power of Attorney is required at the time of filing trademark application, the original one can be submitted within one month from the filing date without any arising fees);
2. 20 trademark specimens (the size of each specimen is not smaller than 50mm x 50mm and not larger than 80mm x 80mm);
3. Documents for claiming priority and English translation thereof (if any).
- From 01 February 2016, Laos DIP permits to file multi-class application for registration of one trademark in Laos.
- It took about 8-10 months from the filing date to obtain a Trademark Registration Certificate in Laos. However, due to current workload at Lao Department of Intellectual Property, the time is usually prolonged.
- The term of the trademark protection in Laos is 10 years from the filing date. Trademark registration is renewable for unlimited times, each of 10 years;
Trademark registration may be cancelled on the non-use basis if the registered mark has not been used for 5 consecutive years.
FILING GUIDANCE FOR RENEWAL OF TRADEMARK REGISTRATION IN LAOS
- A original notarized Power of Attorney from the trademark owner (as the attached form); ( word File) ( pdf file )
- The copy of the trademark registration(s).
Vietnam – International Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Firm
Hanoi Head-Office: 54 Tran Quoc Vuong Street,
Cau Giay District, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Tel : (84-24) 3 7628119 * (84-24) 3 7628185
Fax : (84-24) 3 7628120 * (84-24) 3 7628526
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com