The organising committee calls for the protection of the SEA Games 31 brand copyright
The Orgarnzing Committee of the 31st Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games 31) has called on organisations, enterprises, and people to respect and jointly protect the brand copyright of the Games.
According to the orgarnzing Committee’s Regulation No. 849/QD-BTC2021, issued on March 10, 2021, the committee possesses the brand copyright of the Games, comprising the name (31st Southeast Asian Games – SEA Games 31), logo, mascot, official song, the title of the Orgarnzing Committee, and images related to the Games.
The Organizing Committee of the 31st SEA Games said that the official mascot of the 31st SEA Games – Sao la had been counterfeited on the market for commercial purposes, affecting the reputation of the largest sports festival in Southeast Asia. At several events, some individuals/organizations have used the SEA Games 31 brand name without being licensed by the Organizing Committee of the 31st SEA Games, such as producing imitation Sao la mascot stuffed animals, using the SEA Games 31 logo attached to goods such as sportswear, attaching the name and logo of SEA Games 31 on events.
Therefore, people can join us to report infringements via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the official fan page of SEA Games 31 at https://www.facebook.com/SEAGames31.Vietnam2021/.
Things to know about the 31st SEA Games
- SEA Games 31 in Vietnam is the largest sporting event in Southeast Asia in 2022 and is scheduled to take place in 2 weeks, from May 6, 2022, to May 23, 2022.
- SEA Games 31 is co-organized by Hanoi and 11 nearby localities.
- Sao la has been chosen as the mascot of SEA Games 31. Sao la is one of the rarest animals in the world living in the mountains and forests of Vietnam.
- The official slogan of the 31st SEA Games is “For a stronger Southeast Asia”.
- The official song of SEA Games 31 is titled “Let’s Shine”.
- There are 40 sports with a total of 526 events on the list to compete at this year’s congress.
- 11 countries participating in SEA Games 31 include host Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Brunei, Singapore, Myanmar, Malaysia, Timor-Leste, Philippines, Laos and Cambodia.